Thursday 12 August 2010

Product Review: Aussie Dual Personality Aussome Volume + Conditioning Mousse & Texturising + Conditioning Gel Spray

As it's a particularly grey and showery Thursday I thought I'd do a product review of something I've been meaning to do for a while.

You may remember a good few weeks ago I attended an Aussie haircare even with the lovel Caroline from Wow & Flutter and in our goodie bags from the night we were given two full size products; the Dual Personality Aussome Volume + Conditioning Mousse and the Texturising + Conditioning Gel Spray.





I have used each of these 3/4 times since then so I feel it's time to give them a decent enough review. The aim of both of these products is to give the hair more volume, which although mine is naturally curly I still like a bit of volume to take the edge off the straightness :)

My initial thoguhts were that I like the effect of the mousse...gave good root lift and made my hair overall feel thicker. As with most mousse products though the effect is only good the day or day after you wash your hair and aftet that the effect wears off and your hair feels a bit grubby :(

I've found similar effects with the gel spray to be honest. I really wanted to like this as it's a product that I thought would be a little more versatile than the mousse in that you can use it on damp or dry hair...sadly not. Using it on damp hair leaves my roots sticky and feeling like I need to wash it again as soon as it has been blow dried and on dry hair you get the dreaded crispyness!!!

Overall verdict is that I wouldn't repurchase either of these products. Whilst they do have the gorgeous Aussie smell and I have confidence that they're not as drying as regular styling products they just don't do the job for me. I like my styling products to do what they say on the tin whilst still leaving my hair manageable and clean feeling.

Have you tried either of these products? What are your thoughts?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...