Wednesday 21 August 2013

Life: Cupcake Decorating Course (Hey Little Cupcake)

A few Sunday's ago I went along to Hey Little Cupcake in Manchester's Spinningfields to their cupcake decorating course. It's something I have wanted to do for a while having previously been an avid baker it was always the butter cream/icing part that let me down.

There were 6 of us in the class on the day I went, all women, and I wasn't the only one on my own, which was reassuring. The lovely Ashley was teaching the class and we had the cupcakery to ourselves.

Several techniques were demonstrated during the class; working with sugar paste (we made leaves, flowers, butterflies and hand-rolled roses), making butter cream and piping using 4 different nozzles for different effects.

Throughout the class you each decorated 6 cupcakes that you could then take home to dazzle your friends with your new-found skills. Here are some photos from the day...



































I think my favourites are the cookie monster and the garden. Let's hope I don't spend too much money on cake decorating equipment and then eat everything I bake!

The course was £35 for 2 hours and you can book yourself in here.

Which is your favourite? Have you ever done a baking or cake decorating course?

Katie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...