Wednesday 28 August 2013

Review: Oribe Dry Texturising Spray


This product is quickly achieving cult status, particularly in the blogging world, so I thought I’d give it a go. I was in Space NK picking up a new brush head for my Clarisonic Mia and this was next to the till (damn you Space NK and your tempting till offerings!).

The first thing to point out about this product is the not so purse friendly price point. I picked up the travel/handbag size and even this was a whopping £18.00 but I was so excited to try it I put it to the back of my mind and handed over my debit card.

For a while now I have wanted to try and perfect the ‘undone’ hair look for that ‘just rolled out of bed looking gorgeous’ feeling and I thought that this product would be the key to achieving it. The result, unfortunately, was a messy (not in a good way), dry feeling mop.

I know the clue is in the name of the product but I just wasn’t expecting my hair to feel so dry after using this. Oribe promote this as an alternative to dry shampoo for creating texture and volume and it definitely has the same feeling as my beloved Batiste.

After really trying to make this work for me I have come to the conclusion that I just can’t pull off the messy hair look. Particularly as I get older I think having ‘messy’ hair just makes me look like a harried mother of three (even though I don’t yet have any kids!).

I think I’m going to stick to the clean, shiny ‘done’ look for now!

Have you tried this product? What do you think of the ‘messy’ hair trend?


Katie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...