Monday 19 August 2013

Skincare: My Evening Routine #1




Recently I have added a few new products into my evening skincare routine and switched things up a bit so I thought I'd do a bit of an update post.

After suffering a looooooong period of breakouts, particularly around my chin (hormones!), I came to the realisation that my skin was pretty dehydrated and that was essentially causing the breakouts. I think this was due to me switching from a night cream to a night gel. Never again!

My evening routine now consists of the following hydrating, but still purifying for my combination skin, products.

L'Oréal Paris Skin Perfection 15 Second Miracle Cleansing Oil

After a few years of using the MAC Cleanse Off Oil and a flirt with the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm I saw this L'Oreal version on offer in my local supermarket and decided to give it a try.

At a fraction of the cost of my usual MAC oil I wasn't expecting much. Let's just say I was pleasantly surprised. The only differences I have noticed between the two are that the L'Oreal version has a slight scent, which isn't offensive or two string, and it also has a slightly darker colour (amber-ish rather than clear).
I remove my make-up with this, taking any stubborn eyeliner or mascara off with a Simple Cleansing Wipe

I follow this with a second cleanse with the oil but this time I use my Clarisonic Mia 2 with a sensitive brush head to really remove all traces of make-up from the day. The results are the same and, above all, this did not break me out. Score!

Eau Thermale Avene Ystheal+ Anti-Ageing Emulsion



































I follow my cleanse with my eye cream of the moment. This Avene product sits nicely between light and heavy and leaves the eye area feeling well hydrated without feeling greasy. I also use this in the morning and don't feel the need to add an extra eye primer to stop make-up slipping or smudging.


Nivea Daily Essentials Regenerating Night Cream For Normal and Combination Skin

This is possibly the cheapest night cream I have ever used, and do you know what? I actually love it! After realising that my crop of constant spots was caused by dehydrated skin and a gel-based night cream I was desperate to find something more hydrating that wouldn't break me out for a different reason.

Cue another trip to the local supermarket. I saw it, it was cheap so I thought I'd give it a try. It has that classic Nivea cream smell, which I find quite comforting but if you're sensitive to scented products you may want to avoid.

This cream does leave my skin quite greasy by morning but it has not once broken me out and since adding this to my routine I haven't had one spot on my chin.

Have you tried any of these products? What's your current evening skincare routine?

Katie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...