Friday 30 August 2013

Favourites: August 2013



I changed things up a bit in the last few months due to the 'unseasonal' Summer weather we had here in the UK! Here's what I have been using in August...

Skin 79 Super+ BB Cream

This is my third bottle of this original Korean BB cream. I found it on eBay after seeing it in one of Miss Glamouratzi's videos. I know that Ingrid has combination skin like myself so thought this would be a good option that wouldn't leave me with a face like an oil slick by lunchtime.



The formula is thick, creamy and fairly grey in tone, though it does alter to match the colour of your skin when blended. Having said that, I have very pale skin so I don't think this would work for anyone darker than an NC/NW25 in MAC foundations.

The coverage is medium but buildable and I have found that it does let some shine through towards the end of the day, even after powdering. I think this has also helped to fade some of my previous blemish scars as many Asian skincare and make-up products are whitening.


































If you are on the paler side and want to try an original Korean BB cream if highly recommend this.

Revlon Photoready Cream Blush in Pinched & Flushed

I bought these two beauties about 6 months ago but always struggled to use them without the cream taking all of the foundation off my cheeks on blending. Then I tried applying them before powder but after the BB cream above and I love the result.

I often don't use powder on my cheeks when wearing one of these to let the dewiness of the blush shine through. It provides a nice contrast to the rest of my skin, which I like to keep quite matte.

These are a great affordable way to test the water with cream blusher and perfect for the warmer weather. I have since purchased a lovely MAC cream blusher, which I'll review when I've had a bit more of a play.

Maybelline EyeStudio Colour Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow in On and On Bronze

This is a fairly recent purchase and one I have been loving for a quick smokey eye. Paired with a waterproof/long-lasting black pencil liner it gives a dramatic and long-wearing look.


































I apply this with my ring finger all over the lid up to the crease and then blend the edges into the crease with a MAC 217 or similar fluffy brush. It lasts all day without creasing and I can't fault it.

I now want to try the Permanent Taupe colour as I think this would be great for an easy defined crease eye look.

What were you loving in July?

Katie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...